Thursday 22 May 2014

A Day in Orange

Well, here we are in Orange, and despite the rain and chilly weather, my friends are in love with this beautiful Central West NSW city! Named in honour of Prince William of Orange (no, they don't grow oranges there!), it delighted us with its magnificent autumn colours, beautiful homes and pretty scenery.
To begin, no trip to Orange is complete without a walk in Cook Park.

Even the rain couldn't stop us from admiring it's grandeur and beauty.
Tucked away in the park, is a quaint little craft shop, which is crammed full of clever people's handiwork. Here is a small sample.....some of the knitted toys for sale.
And, even some good old homemade coconut ice!

Of course, the beautiful trees, with the beginnings of their glorious autumn colours, are not restricted to the park. They line many streets and feature in many gardens.

Now, this street above is very special in a couple of ways. I remember it quite fondly because it is the home of my Grandma's house. Also, we travellers/tourists found and fell in love with the most amazing nursery/cafe/florist/gift shop! (Can something be that many things?) Anyway, we were delighted by it all, but more on all of this in my next post!

4 comments:

  1. A lovely snap shot of Autumn in Orange. Looking forward to hearing more about your little adventure.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Fiona. Orange is very picturesque in Autumn. You will enjoy the pictures in my next post!

      Delete
  2. Ohhh how I miss Orange.....we will have to go again when the temperature gets above 8 degrees.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I agree, Fred. I think snow boots and real winter woollies would be in order at the moment! But, I think Spring might be nice.....

      Delete