Sunday 25 May 2014

To Grandmother's House We Go

I have many memories.....happy ones, of course.....of growing up in the Orange district. This house I remember very well as it was my Grandma's house. There were beautiful leadlight windows, feather-filled eiderdowns, Blue Willow china, lots of photos and rather ornate china figurines. Despite being renovated over the last few years, the facade still looks the same.
  Now, Grandma was a rather large lady, not tall, but quite 'round'. She always seemed to wear lace up black shoes and have a cigarette in her hand. Grandma also came with a reputation of being someone who was 'not to be trifled with'. She could often shock my mother with her comments and was known to pass cigarettes under the table to my brothers.
Yes, this is me (and Debbie Doll) with Grandma.....take note of shoes and cigarette! (And, of course, note my rather spectacular legs and very short dress!) Butter wouldn't melt in my mouth.....not sure what Grandma was thinking.....

No comments:

Post a Comment