Saturday 1 March 2014

Little Tin Houses

When I was a little girl, my dad made me a dolls house, which I loved so much. I spent many hours playing with it and imagining life in miniature ......rearranging the furniture, dressing the dolls who resided there and pretending what they would say and do.
Maybe that explains my fascination for tiny things and why I just had to buy these little tin houses/shops that I found at the local market. There is a stall there called Takara Crochet and it is owned by Caroline, who crochets the most amazing things and makes fantastic jewellery. I know because I have bought quite a few pieces! She is very clever!!! Anyway, she had these tiny tins for sale and I couldn't resist them. They are quite amazing.....I am sure you will agree. One day I will photograph the inside, as it is like the interior of a Victorian dolls house with so much detail.
Now, to finish this little rambling, I have a dear friend who I met a long time ago and we have many interests in common. And, guess what.....we both love dolls house size things. So, these little gems went straight into her Christmas present.



No comments:

Post a Comment