Tuesday 25 February 2014

Cakes and Crochet!

A quiet Birthday afternoon tea for Steven. He would certainly have enjoyed the coconut and passionfruit cake. I know if he had been there, we would have been celebrating with a beer!


Now.....I haven't mentioned my love of crochet. My mum taught me to crochet when I was in primary school, and in the past few years I have revived and brushed up on those skills. She loved the 'gentle arts' of sewing, needlework, crocheting and knitting, and I have many treasured keepsakes that she made for me.

My first offering is a Valentine's Day project that wasn't quite ready in time. I found this Heart Gift Bag at Tangled Happy. I mastered the graph (took a few attempts) but I am pleased with the result! Maybe it will be filled with chocolate hearts and find its way into an upcoming present....


Probably one of my favourites is this Scottie Dog, complete with collar and bell! I found a pattern for a Scottie Dog potholder but I used crochet cotton and a 3.5 mm hook so he would be smaller. He is destined to be framed!


And finally, for today, a 'retro style' potholder. This is worked with 2 different coloured strands of cotton yarn held together. Very easy and fun to make. Don't you love the colour combination?



Every month, my local newsagent puts aside a newly arrived copy of my most favourite craft magazine Mollie Makes. This is one of their published books, full of fantastic projects!

No comments:

Post a Comment