Sunday 30 March 2014

The Button Box

Did your mum have a button box in her sewing cupboard and did you spend time looking through the button collection, sorting and choosing your favourite ones? I made this little box for my mum when I was in primary school. Truly a labour of love......carefully cutting the cardboard, folding it and putting it together, then marbling the paper to cover the box. It does look a bit worse for wear these days. The lovely marbled colours have somewhat faded but its all still intact and still holds some special buttons.


Now there are two layers to this button box......a little 'tray' that fits inside. 





I do love buttons and so I picked out some of my favourites that my friend and I have collected from various places. Its very relaxing sorting through buttons and you can't help but wonder what clothes they came from and who wore those clothes. I hope you enjoy looking at them!


 



No comments:

Post a Comment