Wednesday 2 April 2014

A Bevy of Swans

This little collection is dedicated to my dear friend who is besotted with swans. I hope you enjoy this bevy (or herd, game, bank, team or lamentation) of swans that I have put together as much as I know my friend will!!!
To begin, we have English swans on the Serpentine, in Hyde Park, London




and the Abbotsbury Swannery in Dorset.


Continuing with a touch of Europe, here are French swans from a special garden in Honfleur


and even a swan paddle boat on the lake in Pierrefonds.


For an Asian theme, these are Japanese swans on the historic canals in Kurashiki.



Now, closer to home......decorative swans from various collections. There is the swan who was rescued from the garden. the swan who has become the keeper of the buttons, the salt and pepper shaker swans, the locket swan and some who are just for looking beautiful!





No comments:

Post a Comment