Monday 7 April 2014

A Trip to Japan

Over the past few years, my family have travelled several times to Japan. It is most certainly one of our most favourite destinations. It is a beautiful country with beautiful people. So I thought I would share some of our photos. 


































































Now, my story of Japan doesn't stop here. Last year, we were privileged to have a beautiful Japanese visitor. 
Now, whilst staying with us, she expressed an interest in learning to crochet. She continued with her crocheting after returning to Japan and sent these photos of her projects. Not bad for a novice crocheter learning to read English instructions! The owl is from instructions found at Attic 24.
We are hoping that she will return to Australia soon to visit us again. 







2 comments:

  1. The crocheted owl is so cute! Speaking of Japan, I just received an email from another one of our beautiful Japanese friends who has been reading your blog and she said, "I've enjoyed all the entries which gave me some cooking ideas, and made me feel like visiting there! I'm happy I can see your family's update through the blog now." We are so lucky to have made so many lovely friends there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so glad my blog is inspiring some cooking. I will have to feature some more recipes soon. I am also excited that my blog is a great way to be keeping in touch with all the lovely friends we have in Japan! And, yes, the crochet owl is very cute. I wonder where he hangs...

      Delete